Animal Control & Code Compliance

(831) 223-5164
(831) 678-3575


  • Enforce animal ordinances in the City of Soledad
  • Pick up strays and injured animals
  • Enforce state and local quarantines regarding animal bites
  • Investigate any reports of animal cruelty or mistreatment
  • Educate and inform the public about city laws regarding the licensing, care, and control of animals

Lost & Found

If you are missing a dog, contact us at the non-emergency number (831) 755-5111.

The Police Department has a list of lost and found pets. Anyone losing or finding a pet should contact Soledad Police Department at (831) 223-5120 with the description of the pet (including breed, color, sex, size, collar, tags, eye color, identifying marks, etc.), your name, address, and phone number. We will add this information to our lost-and-found logbook. We hope, in the future, to provide a lost and found animal listing on this page. We will reunite owners with their pets whenever possible.  Please license and chip your pet to give it a better chance to make it back home again if it gets lost.

To report a lost or found pet please contact the Soledad Police Department non-emergency number at (831) 755-5111, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Any dogs or cats picked up by our Animal Control Officer will be dropped off at the SPCA for Monterey County, 1002 Highway 68, Monterey, CA 93942.  You may contact them at (831) 422-4721.

Many times when the Animal Control Officer is not available, found dogs or cats will be turned in to Los Coches Animal Hospital.  If you have a found dog or cat that you would like to turn in or if you are looking for a lost pet you may contact them at (831) 678-2658.

Dog Licensing

The City of Soledad requires dogs living within the city limits to be licensed with the Soledad Police Department. To get a license, your pet must have a current rabies vaccine.

For general questions about animal licensing for the City of Soledad please call or e-mail ACO Cecilio Lozano at (831) 223-5164.

Animal Bites

State law requires that all animal bites be reported to animal control. If you are bitten by an animal or your animal bites someone, please notify the Soledad Police Department.  A Police Officer or the Animal Control Officer will take a bite report.

To report an animal bite, please contact: Soledad Police Department non-emergency number (831) 755-5111, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

City of Soledad Municipal Code

Use the link below to take you to the City of Soledad Municipal Code. View Chapter 6 of the Municipal Codes for Animals.