RECREATION PROGRAM SUPERVISOR
Continuous recruitment. First screening: Week of April 12, 2021
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Plans organizes, coordinates, and directs assigned programs which may include youth and teen programs, adult and senior programs, and special events.
- Recruits, recommends for hire, trains, directs and supervises the work of part-time recreation assistants and volunteers.
- Recommends fees and prepares budgets; ensures that programs stay within approved budgeting guidelines.
- Ensures that programs are in compliance with appropriate licensing and/or safety regulations and standards.
- Reserves facilities for recreation programs; coordinates preparation and use of facilities with Public Works personnel.
- Must be willing to submit and pass a detailed background investigation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Acceptable Training and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to training and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities would be acceptable for employment. A typical background for minimum qualifications in both education and experience would be:
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: One (1) year of work or volunteer experience serving in a similar position.
License and Certifications:
License: Valid California Class C driver’s license with satisfactory driving record may be required.
Please answer each of the questions below to assist us with getting to know you better. All questions are mandatory. If a question is not applicable or you have no experience in the area, you may indicate as such with N/A.