RECREATION LEADER II
Continuous recruitment. First screening: Week of April 12, 2021
Examples of Essential Functions:
- Implements program activities by conducting, guiding and training program participants.
- Gathers and assembles materials and supplies for recreation activities.
- Registers participant for classes.
- Handles money exchanges.
- Prepares and distributes flyers, pamphlets and other general promotional material.
- Deals tactfully and courteously with the public and other City employees by establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships. Provides information and assistance to individuals inquiring about departmental policies and programs.
- Provides recreation and maintenance support to Recreation Manager and/or Recreation Program Supervisor in general areas of playgrounds, buildings and rentals and youth center.
- Opens, closes, inspects, cleans and organizes buildings as necessary following each activity.
- Performs a variety of office, accounting and recreation assignments, including typing, proofreading, filing and recording and checking information on records; answers the telephone and waits on the public, scheduling appointments and giving information and assistance as required; operates office equipment and files documents and records according to predetermined classifications; maintains alphabetical index and cross-references files; and prepares and distributes forms.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Acceptable Training and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to training and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities would be acceptable for employment. A typical background for minimum qualifications in both education and experience would be:
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: One (1) year of work or volunteer experience serving as a Recreation Leader I or similar position.
Please answer each of the questions below to assist us with getting to know you better. All questions are mandatory. If a question is not applicable or you have no experience in the area, you may indicate as such with N/A.