SALARY: $20.72 – $24.71/hour
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled. First screening: Week of April 19, 2021
Under general supervision, provides a wide variety of technical, classified and confidential office administrative and secretarial support to administration, management, professional, and supervisory staff in an assigned department; performs technical, classified and confidential support work related to the department; creates, implements, and participates in technical processes, procedures and programs; and performs related work as required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from assigned administrative, supervisory or management personnel. No direct supervision of staff is exercised.
Incumbents perform a variety of specialized and confidential administrative, secretarial, and clerical work for various City departments, including coordinating assigned projects, providing general information to the public, and other administrative, budgetary, database, and support work. Responsibilities require the ability to perform the full range of administrative and clerical office support work for an assigned department. This class is distinguished from the Administrative Secretary in that the latter is a higher-level administrative support class, performs more technical complex and basic programmatic activities, and demonstrates advanced technical knowledge and skills.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Illustrative Only)
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Maintains the evidence/property storage, including booking evidence, maintaining the chain of custody and detailed records, and providing for the release or destruction of evidence/property; prepares court orders for the release of property and the location for destruction, following established procedures.
- Enters data from a variety of police reports into established CLETS-Tracnet and other formats in the computer system; checks computations prior to entry and prepares reports using computerized data; has access to confidential and/or restricted computer files;
- Assists in preparing a variety of special and recurring statistical reports for the Chief, Deputy Chief, Sergeants, the Department of Justice, and various County, State, and Federal agencies.
- Following specific legal guidelines, prepares and distributes copies of police and other reports to individuals and agencies requesting such reports and explains requirements and limitations of report distribution; collects, receipts, and balances fees for services.
- Performs Livescan data entry.
- Performs registration of subjects on probation and parole.
- Maintains a variety of files (e.g. DUI, Booking, etc.); prepares letters to collect fees for DUI and booking; upon non‑payment, refers accounts to collection with documentation.
- Must be willing to submit and pass a detailed background investigation.
- Handles police records, as well as classified and confidential local, state and federal information and documents.
- Must possess a basic knowledge of local, state, and federal laws.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
Experience and Education:
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade, and three (3) years of varied administrative support experience preferably involving some public contact.
License and Certification:
Must obtain California Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (C.L.E.T.S) certification within three (3) months of employment.
Must be willing to pass an extensive background check.
If you have any questions, please call me at (831) 223-5013.