SALARY: $4,676.85 – $5,577.23/month
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled. First screening: Week of April 19, 2021
Performs responsible technical duties related to computer hardware and software support; provide project support and maintenance for new and modified systems and programs; support server technologies; and to maintain, install, troubleshoot, and configure desktop computers and related peripheral equipment.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives direct supervision from the Director of Information Technology. No supervision is exercised.
Incumbents work under immediate supervision while learning job tasks, progressing to general supervision as procedures and processes of assigned area of responsibility are learned.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Illustrative Only)
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Be a critical thinker, who can work with a small team, loves to problem solve, friendly attitude, build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Provide first-level assistance to staff; verify the location of the problem; elicit information from end user on the nature of the issue; resolve issue or refer to higher level staff when necessary.
- Create user IDs, modify user profiles, re-set passwords, maintain email accounts, email distribution lists, troubleshoot phone related issues
- Perform workstation troubleshooting; perform configurations of new desktop images; install, upgrade and maintain computer workstation hardware, peripherals, mobile devices and associated software; manage and execute installation of upgrades and system patches.
- Monitor servers, backups, network using RMM tool, perform maintenance tasks
- Manage and organize e-waste and perform asset management tasks
- Work with vendors, schedule time for work, meet on location, verify work was complete
- Assist IT Director with documentation for environment, pictures, network charts
- Work directly with the Police department and vendors to support crime reporting software, bodycams, smart tasers, security cameras, etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware; repair computer hardware including personal computers, printers, computer monitors, and other peripheral equipment, replace if needed
Education and Experience:
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
One year of technical computer support duties is desirable.
Equivalent to an Associate’s degree from an accredited college with major course work in computer science, information technology, network administration or a related field.
If you have any questions, please call me at (831) 223-5013.