The City of Soledad has adopted an ordinance to regulate Garage Sales within the City. Chapter 5.32 defines the conduction of indoor or outdoor sale of miscellaneous items of personal property to the general public on residential premised by the occupant as a “Garage Sale”. The following rules cover the holding of a garage sale:
1) Only people living on the site can hold a garage sale.
2) Only one garage sale may be held every six months on the same site or by the same person.
3) Garage sale may be held for no more than three days in a row.
4) Garage sale shall not be held before 8 am or after 6 pm. Items for sale shall be displayed only during those hours.
5) Items displayed for sale shall be no closer than 5 feet from the property line. Vehicles for sale may be displayed in the driveway.
6) No off site signs are allowed (no signs on telephone poles, traffic signs, vacant property, etc.). Signs are limited to 4 square feet and shall only be displayed during the garage sale.
248 Main St.
P.O. Box 156
Soledad, CA 93960
Ph: (831) 223-5000
Fx: (831) 678-3965
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Closed for Lunch:
12:00 - 1:00 pm